Open: Inside Sales Assistant
Email your resume to email@example.com with Inside Sales Assistant title in the subject line before August 21, 2018.
We have an exciting position open at our Vancouver showroom! We manufacture chef wear for the restaurant industry both across the country and in the US. Our building is comprised of our head office, showroom, and warehouse where we store and manufacture all of our goods. The Showroom Sales & Support Assistant is responsible for assisting our customers in a pleasant, helpful and efficient manner. Our showroom is open to the public, so you will have a mix of appointment and walk-in clients.
An intimate knowledge of the product line will be taught and developed which will facilitate the cooperation of sales, design, production and administration teams.
The Showroom Sales & Support is responsible for sales of Chef Uniforms and garments in the showroom. You will work closely with the sales supervisor to close sales and create new business. It is also a primary responsibility to ensure that orders are accurate, delivered on time, and include requested custom details.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Professionally promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Assisting walk-in and appointment based clients in the showroom.
- Assisting clients to find the items and products they are looking for.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Answering queries from customers via email, website and phone.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Keeping the showroom tidy and clean.
- We are here to make our customers happy, and provide exceptional customer service, being able to problem solve is an important part of this job!
- Setup new customer profile in database (ACT.)
- Prepare online marketing campaigns and mail outs to existing and potential clients! (catalogues, samples, knowledge of MailChimp an asset.)
- Assisting our inside sales reps as needed throughout projects.
- cover for receptionist on break if necessary.
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years experience in customer service or sales role necessary. (Experience working for a manufacturer considered an asset.)
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent.
- Experience in apparel industry considered an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications (Microsoft word, excel, power point, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustration/Photoshop is an asset but not required. (If you have this it gives you space for further growth and opportunity when projects arise!)
- A love of working with and assisting customers!
- Problem analysis and problem-solving abilities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Data collection and processing.
- Customer service.
- The ability to take initiative when needed.
- Any job can get busy and we want to work with someone who has the ability to work under tight timelines.
- Salary $38k / annually
- Group Benefits / Extended medical and dental after three months
- Additional perks offered after probationary period